The Theatre can be hired at a reasonable cost. There are various options, depending on the amount of space and the time slot you require.
Auditorium, Stage and Foyer: £20 per hour (inc VAT)
Sound and Lighting: £50 (inc vat)
Foyer only: £10 per hour (inc VAT)
Blue Community Room: £10 per hour (inc VAT)
Green Room: £7 per hour (inc VAT)
The following facilities are available to anyone hiring the theatre:
- Our Auditorium was redecorated in 2016 and has a licensed capacity of 149. There is level access to the unraked stalls area and steps lead from the Foyer to the raked balcony seating area. All seats provide a clear view of the stage and have excellent acoustics. There is an induction loop for patrons who are hard of hearing.
- We have a Proscenium Arch stage with trap-door and wings, and a Fly Tower. You will need to contact us to discuss technical requirements for particular productions.
- We also have a large control box with computerised lighting and sound desks.
- We have a well-stocked, licensed bar, serving pre-performance and interval drinks. The bar can be opened, if required, and all bar receipts are retained by the Workington Playgoers.
- There is a comfortable Green Room on the first floor. This contains the original bar, which allows for any overspill from the Foyer.
- There are two dressing rooms, one with its own toilet. There are additional toilets, including a Disabled toilet (accessed via the lift), on the second floor above the dressing rooms.
- There is Wheelchair Access throughout the ground floor. There are no steps from the front door through to the Auditorium; and wheelchair spaces are provided in the Auditorium. There is a Disabled Toilet in the Foyer.
- There is also Wheelchair Access on to the stage, via a purpose-built lift, which can be reached from the rear entrance to the theatre in Wilson Street.